FEDERAL STREET NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
ANNUAL MEETING VIA ZOOM
Meeting ID: 843 1298 2608
SUNDAY, MARCH 14 FROM 4PM UNTIL 5:30PM
MEET AND MINGLE WITH NEIGHBORS
GUEST SPEAKER: Seth Lattrell – City of Salem Port Authority Deputy Planner
Seth leads Salem’s Harbor Planning efforts which will dictate the use of over 40 acres of undeveloped waterfront within a Designated Port Area (adjoining the power plant by Winter Island and the Willows)
Learn the issues and alternatives so you can then complete Salem’s survey on how the 40 acres should be used.
Access the survey at https://harborplan.salem.com/
IMPORTANT FEDERAL STREET NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION (FSNA) BUSINESS
Approve the slate of officers for 2021/2022
Officer’s for 2021-2022
Justin Whittier President
Fred Biebesheimer Vice-President
Paul Bunker Treasurer
Secretary Jane Stauffer
Board Members 2021-2022
Hear about ideas for TRAFFIC CALMING IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD
Map of Traffic Calming Recommendations draft
FSNA Traffic Calming Recommendations In order of Priority
A. Federal/Beckford/Andover intersec5on
- Clarify Federal/Beckford (on Andover side) intersection using painted crosswalk and planters, barrels or other traffic calming techniques
- Speed cushion before Federal St. Stop Sign
- Raised or painted crosswalk across Beckford/Federal St. going towards Essex B. Federal & Monroe intersection
• Raised or painted crosswalk across Monroe at Federal St
C. Federal & Flint intersection
- Raised or painted crosswalk across Federal (right before Flint)
- Raised crosswalk across Flint coming from Bridge St. D. Additional Crosswalks
- Raised crosswalk across Federal at Kelleher Way (or speed hump or bump)
- Painted crosswalk across Federal at Boston St. E. Additional Speed Cushions
- Speed cushion just before Federal and Lynn St. intersec8on
- Speed cushion on Federal between Monroe and Carpenter St.
- Speed cushion on Federal halfway between Flint and Boston St.
FSNA Street Sign Recommendations
Street Sign Repair Recommenda0ons
Full Federal Street:
• Replace Resident Only Parking signs with the neon yellow signs that appear a few places now – several Resident Only Parking signs were unreadable
Federal & Flint:
• Replace School Zone sign right before Flint with speed limit sign – no longer a school zone, and will make speed limit more visible
Lynn & Andover Intersec0on
- Add Stop Sign & painted stop line at the intersecDon
- Add One Way sign to the No LeH Turn signpost Federal between Flint & Boston St.
- Fix confusing No Parking signs (where parking switches sides) – side on Right might say “No Parking This Side Ends”
- Remove yellow paint on curb near old rectory – there is parking there but no one realizes
- Slow Children sign at end of Federal – it’s a school bus stop and a lot of children live in the building Federal & Federal Court
• Move speed limit sign to other side of Federal St. to make it more visible
SHOW YOUR GREEN in preparation for St. Patrick’s Day!
STAY IN TOUCH WITH US AT WWW.FEDERALSTREETSALEM.ORG
MEMBERSHIP REQUEST – Use this form to become a member or renew your membership. Membership provides you with voting rights and representation on issues that affect our neighborhood.
Please return this form with a check payable to “FSNA” to Paul Bunker, 20 Beckford St. by March 31!
□ INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP ($15)
□ FAMILY MEMBERSHIP ($20)
□ ADDITIONAL DONATION to the general fund _.
One of many active Salem neighborhood associations, the Federal Street Neighborhood Association (FSNA) dedicates itself to neighborhood preservation and enhancement, and community building.
FSNA is a 501c3 organization. All donations are tax-deductable.