LAST UPDATED: MARCH 13, 2020 – 2:50PM
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC REGARDING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
In light of public health concerns arising from the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic and the State of Emergency declared by the Governor, the City of Salem, is asking all individuals who meet any of the follow criteria to not enter any City building to conduct municipal business.
These criteria include the following:
- Persons exhibiting any flu like symptoms, including fever, runny nose and severe cough
- Persons who have been diagnosed with or have had contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with coronavirus.
- Persons with apparent symptoms of coronavirus, such as fever, severe cough, or shortness of breath.
- Persons who have been asked to self-quarantine by any doctor, hospital, board of health, or other medical provider, or health agency, or who reside with anyone who has been asked to self-quarantine.
- Persons who have traveled to any country designated as a level 3 country by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) within the last fourteen (14) days: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/after-travel-precautions.html
- Persons who reside or have had close contact with someone who has traveled to any of the designated level 3 countries within the last fourteen days.
Individuals who meet any of the above criteria are encouraged to conduct City business online at salem.com or call 978-745-9595 and someone will assist you.
People who think they may have been exposed to coronavirus are urged to contact their healthcare provider immediately.